DHL Express NZ: Tracy Penny, Director
Company: DHL EXPRESS NZ LTD
Company Description: DHL Express Customer Services has now been operating in New Zealand for 40 years, commencing in 1973.We were one of the earliest counties to join the DHL Network, operating before any European countries joined the network. Starting out in 1973 with only 2 Customer Service agents to now having over a 50 plus seat Call Centre,who have won over 16 External International awards in 2013-2014.
Nomination Category: Customer Service & Call Center Awards Individual Categories
Nomination Sub Category: Customer Service Manager of the Year
Nomination Title: Tracy Penny, Director
Tell the story about what this nominee achieved since the beginning of July 2013 (up to 650 words). Focus on specific accomplishments, and relate these accomplishments to past performance or industry norms. Be sure to mention obstacles overcome, innovations or discoveries made, and outcomes:
Tracy started has worked in Customer Services in DHL Express for 10 years. Her roles within Customer Services:
• Customer Care Representative
• Key Accounts Executive
• Customer Care Manager
• Customer Services Trainer
• Customer Services Director
As she has worked in every role within the Call Centre, Tracy has a great understanding of what an agent goes through on a day to day basis, what challenges there are and how to make things better not only for the team, but the company and also the most important our Customers.
As a person who has worked her way through from beginning of Customer Services to the Director of Customer Services she shows her passion, focus and determination through her people. She leads by example in keeping up to date and compliant with all systems and procedures globally, walking the talk as you would say.
She is a true believer of her TEAM – Together Each Achieves More. She shows this by sitting with her team every day, she has her own office but chooses to be on the Customer Services Floor to be around her team and assist where ever she can. She also knows everyone personally on the Customer Services team, and has an open door policy where she will sit and have time to talk to anyone if they need.Throughout the entire business she is also well known due to the respect she has gained.
Tracy has also implemented several initiatives within Customer Services, which have also been rolled out through the entire the business as they have worked so well:
• Action Teams have been set up to keep staff motivated, celebrate compliments, birthdays , mothers day ,Fathers day,valentines day,thank you day,easter,Christmas, all special occaisions
• An Employee Opinion Survey Team has been set up to monitor and accept feedback if anyone has any ideas on how to improve the work place or unhappy in any area of the business.
• Employee of the Month programmes has been set up to reward staff that are reaching all kpis.
• Appreciation Days within the department and business to show thanks to individuals and teams.
• Fit to lead daily exercises morning and afternoon
• Fruit once a week for all staff
Tracy is also in the Senior Management Team within DHL Express. Within this role she overseas individual projects within the business and mentors teams and individuals that wish to go further within their career, or assist in departments to improve and assist in new procedures.
Giving back to the community is also really important to Tracy so her department along with her support take part in
• Blood donations
• Fundraise for Cure kids
• Fundraise for Child Cancer Foundation
• Celebrate Halloween and special events for children that may not be able to do so outside of hospital.
• Organize raffles, collections and donations for any events or tragedies that occur within the business and outside of the business.
As a department under the guidance of Tracy, the last 3 years have seen the great success achieved
The foundation that has been created from Tracy, and the on-going support and assistance that Tracy has given to the Customer Services team, has worked amazingly. The results because of the support speak for itself I believe:
• Best in Class Employee Opinion Survey Results year on year.
• Best in Class Results on all Global and Regional KPI’s year on year.
• 2014 DHL Express Customer Service Winners in 2 Categories.
• Winners of Global External Awards 2014 Customer services.
• Certified Top Place to Work 2014.
• 2% Turnover in 2014.
• 3% Turnover in 2013.
Customer Services DHL Express NZ,are driven to deliver through Tracy's leadership on the Cultural values to help drive an Insanely Customer Centric Mindset these are :
RIGHT FIRST TIME
CAN DO ATTITUDE
These behaviours show staff have pride in our services, pride in our business and most importantly pride in our brand.
She is a leader many want to aspire to become.
Upload a collection of supporting files and web addresses to our server to provide more background information to the judges. You may upload any number of attachments and URLs through the "Add Attachments, Videos, or Links to This Entry" link above. (Do NOT list your URLs below.) TEXT REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION